ABOUT THE IMBUBE MARATHON
His Majesty, King Mswati III had the vision of a world class, long distance running event for The Kingdom of Eswatini. The Eswatini National Provident Fund, in conjunction with the events major sponsor Standard Bank Eswatini are proud to be able to host this prestigious event on every first Sunday in October (6th October 2019). The Imbube Marathon will start and finish at Somhlolo National Stadium. There are race categories for all groups, old and young.
The objectives of the marathon are to:
1. To promote healthy lifestyle choices among the Swazi Nation
2. Promote the developments of athletics in Eswatini through the “Run 4 Charity" initiative.
3. Raise the profile of Eswatini internationally.
4. Help identify and provide opportunity for local athletic talent to excel.
5. Help boost tourism in Eswatini
RUN 4 CHARITY INITIATIVE
The Run for Charity initiative is an initiative which seeks to raise funds for those in need by the following means:
Hydration/water point sponsors are asked to adopt a school for inclusion at their water point during the event. The children will assist the sponsor by distributing water to all the runners as they pass by. In return the sponsor will donate a sports kit to the school for any sporting activity they choose.